That's how I feel today!!
This morning I received, as anticipated , a parcel from my spoiler, Kaaelana, who I knew was sending me the Ravenclaw bag she made for Professor Wartbobble's bag design contest. I was very impressed by the box her owl brought, for she had stencilled some wonderful eagles onto it with blue and shiny bronze paints:
I opened the box with great excitement for I had already seen pictures of the wonderful bag I knew I was getting. Imagine my surprise then to find not only a bag inside, but all kinds of other packaged goodies too:
What was in it?
1) The bag - amazing construction (I still can't work out how it was done!), and so cute! It too has an eagle stencilled on the bottom with a stitched outline. I'll post close-ups after this list so you can appreciate how glorious it is!
2) Beautiful rosewood sock needles - I have been coveting some for a while now!
3) A very clever, shaped, Ravenclaw cosy for my wand, containing a stick of liquorice, known as 'Witch Howl' in Kaaelana's native Denmark.
4) Some delicious organic ginger marzipan (I refer with confidence to the quality for I have already eaten half of it!). Beautiful too - it has real flowerheads decorating the bars.
5) A heart-shaped bejewelled photo frame - this will go in my bedroom with a picture of Mr. Wigworthy in it.
6) Two balls of a wonderfully soft natural colour sock yarn. I may dye this - I'm already pondering colour options.
7) Some green velvet ribbon (has Kaaelana been researching for this? - Green is my top favourite colour!)
8) A gorgeous crystal flower button! It is generally a bronze colour. I thought at first that it was a brooch, but found it has a button shank on the back. This is destined to fasten a bag in Ravenclaw colours. It matches the little seed beads I got from Lily Finnegan last swap, which I am planning to use to spin some beaded yarn. So I think I will use that yarn for a bag , and fasten it with this beautiful button.
Kaaelana, from the bottom of my heart I thank you for this wondrous package!!
And finally the close-ups of the bag that I promised: