Friday 3 October 2008

Quizzes galore

Gosh - I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all the quizzes I have to do at the moment. As well as the HSKS regulars I now also have weekly History of Magic homework for the Knitting and Crochet House Cup (I have to send my answers for that to the Professor each week), and a photo challenge to complete before Wednesday. So I'm struggling time-wise.

What makes it all especially difficult is that I've now finished the Hogwarts Socks for my middle little wizard and am busy writing the pattern up for sale. I've got a photo I'll post after the quizzes - it's not great because the purple colour of the cuff and foot has come out blue in the pic due to dodgy work with an over-flashy wand I think. I'll have to get a better picture for the pattern. The text says 'Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon', which you all should know is the Hogwarts school motto!

House Quiz


1. What potion has the strange side effects of excessive singing and nose-tweaking?


An Elixir of Euphoria


2. What ingredient can be used to counteract the effect of the above side effects?


Peppermint


3. How much can you get for Acromantula venom?


One hundred galleons per pint


4. What is the most powerful love potion in the world?


Amortentia


5. What antidote does Harry use to help Ron when he is poisoned by Madam Rosmerta's finest mead?


Bezoar


6. How does Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' Owl Order Service get their potions past the security at Hogwarts to their customers?


They disguise them in perfume or cough syrup bottles


7. What did Draco Malfoy make in Potions class when Professor Slughorn assigned them to make something amusing?


A hiccuping elixir


8. What spells will not work in an area affected by Instant Darkness Powder?


Light spells, such as Lumos, and fire magic


9. What are the ingredients for the Draught of Living Death?


Asphodel, Wormwood, Valerian Roots, and a single Sophorous Bean


10. How much will unicorn tail hair fetch?


Ten galleons per hair



Extra Credit:



Do you prefer to knit or crochet?


Knit - and I love to crochet too!

What is your favorite weight yarn to knit/crochet with?


Anything except bulky

What fiber contents do you most like to knit/crochet with?


Wool and silk


What fiber contents do you dislike knitting/crocheting with?


Mohair and acrylic

How many complete pair of socks have you knit/crochet?


Oh my gosh - far too many to count!!

What is your favorite item to knit/crochet?


I love to make anything with appealing design, pattern and colour

What is your favorite treat?


Pavlova!!

Do you drink coffee, tea, or both?


Only tea at home - cappucino when I'm out

Do you have an online wish list? If so, where?


It's in the sidebar of this blog.

How many Ravelry groups are you in?


22 (must whittle it down!!)

Is there any special item you have been really wanting, but can't find in your local area?


I'd love (and really don't expect my spoiler to get something expensive like this!) an upright wooden skein winder like the beautiful one that Brentusfirmus (Rav ID) has!!


I'd also love a magnetic pattern holder like the ones at Knitpicks

And here are the latest socks:


2 comments:

YogaKnot said...

wow those socks are amazing! you are so talented! I hope to see the pattern soon!

Emma Gorodok said...

OMG, those socks are really amazing