Saturday 22 May 2010

Which witch?

Who in the magical world do you think these would most suit?


They are my latest design and I am currently working up the pattern ready for test knitting with the intention of publishing the pattern within the next couple of weeks. I'm using my new publishing spell (PagePlus X4) to write up the pattern, and am really enjoying this advanced form of magic which is apparently comparable to Adobe InDesign.

As with most of my designs, these are very original. I've not seen a knitted lace overcuff in any other glove design, and I know the lace panel on the sleeve is original as I developed it myself from a lengthy trial and error swatch process! I even invented a new double increase technique for them (I know by saying so that I risk incurring the wrath of folk who think ther are truly no new techniques in knitting, just re-discovered ones; nevertheless I do think this invention is truly new).

Close-up:



In Swap news I am sad to report that my handmade item for Elladora's kit is unfinished. In fact I'm not very happy with it at all, and am considering sending it to the frog pond and starting afresh on something altogether better. Trouble is, I don't know what to do instead. I've found it very hard to think of a relevant handmade item to make for the kit this time. I know Elladora has high tastes, and worry that whatever I make will prove to be too tacky! ;0)

3 comments:

Hermione Bagnold said...

Oh. My. Word!!!! They look PHENOMENAL! I love how they've turned out!!! Bummer about the dissatisfaction on Elladora's handmade item. :( That can be discouraging. But I have no doubt you'll come up with something brilliant!

Elizabeth said...

I don't know how you could EVER call anything you make "tacky" because, in fact, your work is so incredibly wonderful! Totally loved reading about and viewing your latest design. You are such a talented person! Gorgeous colors, lovely beading and lacework! Simply lovely!

Emma Gorodok said...

wow, those gloves are beautiful - you don't happen to need another test knitter? Otherwise you have the first customer for the finished pattern before it even has been published