Sunday 12 April 2009

Knitting Wand Holders

This week I produced yet another felted knitting wand holder using my still unpublished pattern. I'm now thinking of making the pattern multi-option, as I've found that while using duplicate stitch for the text is more straightforward, the results from stranded knitting in a tube that is then cut prior to felting produces finer-looking text. I've also done some felted versions in thinner wool (Kauni), and have now decided to add another option - an unfelted version worked in sock yarn! So this week I am taking that project and the Slytherin Pride Socks away on our camping holiday with the intention of completing both so that I can finally publish these two patterns before the end of the month.
Here's the one I did this week, in Ravenclaw colours. It now carries my full stock of sock needles, both DPNs and circulars.